If you haven’t figured it out already, I’m a mom who loves a lazy way to do something! Could I feed my kids fruit snacks and goldfish every day? Sure as hell could, but some days I really do try to make sure they are eating fairly healthy snacks. This is why I love these little snacks. I can make them with just about any type of mix-ins to change it up and they are delicious EVERY TIME. Yay for something easy, healthy and changeable!! I originally started making these using this recipe from The Happier Homemaker and have since made my own changes based on what the minions demand of me. The other great thing about these is the fact that I can eat a few as an afternoon snack and not feel like I’m dying without more coffee in my life (although let’s be honest, I always need more coffee). They are a great pick me up in the afternoon when I’m nearing the end of my energy rope.
- -1 Cup of Old Fashioned Oats
- -1 Cup of Creamy Peanut Butter
- -1/4 Cup of Honey
- -1/4 Cup of Milk Chocolate Chips
- -1/2 Cup of Salted Caramel Chips
- -1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix until combined
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- When the mixture is set, remove and roll into balls.
These can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week. If you don’t feel like you will finish them in a week they can be tossed in the freezer as well for longer storage. When you want to eat them just pull them out and they are ready to eat within a few minutes.
Let me know if you try them and what other mix-ins you use!!