Fajitas are like tacos right? We have tacos in our house EVERY SINGLE Tuesday. Ever since my Sassy Boy saw The Lego Movie its been a permanent thing. While some weeks it makes me batshit crazy for the most part I enjoy it. I’ve had to start finding different ways to make tacos or something similar enough to a taco that he doesn’t ask “What about taco Tuesday mom?” Fajitas seem like a valid option to me. Another reason I love them is because there is so much flavor from such simple ingredients. Plus they are so filling! We usually have enough leftover fajita mix to make Quesadillas the next day too. Getting 2 meals while only having to cook one, I call that a Parent win.
- 3 Bell Peppers (I use one red, one yellow and one green) Sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast cut into slices
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 cans of Ro*tel Tomatoes, drained
- 8-12 small flour tortillas
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat. Toss in onion and bell pepper. Cook until tender (roughly about 7 min).When finished remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add chicken to skillet. Season with Cumin and Chili Powder. Cook until no longer pink in the middle (around 4-5 min) stirring occasionally.
- Return pepper and onion mixture to the skillet. Add Ro*Tel tomatoes. Cook for about 2 minutes and then serve with warm tortillas.