My husband and I both love cooking. It’s a glorious thing because almost daily we will be making a meal together. We are fantastic at coming up with some pretty crazy (yet incredibly easy) things to eat. Not even going to lie this recipe stemmed from us being completely broke with next to nothing in the house and we still made it work. We have changed it up a few times but tend to stick with this basic layout. It’s such a hit in our house that we have it more than once a month most months. I personally cant get enough of it ever time we make it. Hopefully you enjoy it to the same extent.
Poor Boy Casserole
- 1 Lb of ground turkey
- ½ a small onion, diced
- 1 can of golden corn
- 1 pack of instant mashed potatoes
- 1 pack of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Spray a Nonstick pan with cooking spray. Brown ground turkey with onions seasoning with salt and pepper. Set aside when finished.
- Prepare instant mashed potato mix per directions on the package.
- Open and drain Corn.
- Prepare Corn muffin mix per directions on the package.
- Layer all ingredients in a baking dish starting with the turkey, then corn, mashed potatoes and finally the cornbread mixture.
- Bake according to directions on cornbread package.